So this is my first official post and it is about my niece’s 7th birthday party. She wanted a Hello Kitty themed party with a dessert table! Because as she said, “My Te-Te makes pretty desserts”, so I had this big plan about what I was going to make. Below I will post pictures. I do not want to see Hello Kitty stuff for about 10 years!
I had this bright idea that I could do all these desserts in one day! That was crazy, I did make this wonderful Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treat. This was my first time making Rice Krispies Treats (I know, can you believe that!), remember that comfort zone? This was my first step outside of it and it felt good!
I wanted her guest to talk about how great her party was, so I took pictures put them on Hello Kitty borders, and printed them! The girls just loved that.
I have linked Caleyah's Party so you can see more pictures from the party…
Now for the recipe, this recipe was very easy and thanks to Shelly over at cookiesandcups for the great idea! It was perfect for this party.
Rice Krispies Treats W/Fruity Pebbles
6 cups Rice Krispies
3 cups Fruity Pebbles
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
2 (10.5 ozs.) bags of mini marshmallows
1. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
2. In a large skillet, (I used my cast iron skillet) melt butter on low heat. When butter is melted, add both bags of mini marshmallows. Stir until melted remove from heat.
3. In large bowl combine Rice Krispies and Fruity Pebbles, stir to combine evenly.
4. Press evenly into your prepared pan.
5. Let cool for 15 minutes (I let mine cool overnight) and then cut into squares.
Source: adapted from cookiesandcups.com
Thanks for stopping by!